While we're rebuilding the NaNoEdmo website, we're also looking for someone to fill the volunteer position of Community Liaison (CL). What does a Community Liaison do, you ask? The CL is in charge of the Forum Moderators and the Red Pen Luminaries (RPLs).
Responsibilities of the CL:
• Oversee the moderators of 22 forums
• Recruit additional volunteer moderators as needed
• Assist moderators on escalated issues within the forums
• Oversee RPLs of 10 regions world-wide
• Recruit additional volunteer RPLs as needed
• Assist RPLs on escalated issues within the regional forums and within physical regions
• Keep in contact with moderators and RPLs via email, before, during, and after March.
• The bulk of work for the CL occurs between the months of January and March, though we are looking to expand our editing resources to be available and fresh all year long in the near future.
EdMo is run by a small group of people currently spread all over the United States, so your physical location in the world doesn't matter. We usually stay in contact via email and through online chat meetings.
This is a fantastic way to meet new people from all over the globe, gain work experience that will look great on any resume, and help keep the creative effort of writers alive and well. In reality, what could be better than that?
If this seems like something you would be interested in doing, please email me at nanoedmo(at)yahoo.com. When you email me, please include any experience you may have and why you think you would be a good Community Liaison. Please note: experience is not necessary, but very welcome.
We are hoping to fill this position before our new website launch in February, so please get your emails in to me no later than Saturday, January 12, 2013.